Thank you South Australia
for being a voice for the voiceless.
February 2021 will be recorded in the history of South Australia when our legislators under the guise of decriminalisation legalised abortion up to birth. The most vulnerable, unborn children will be able to be aborted past the stage of being capable of being born alive once enacted in a few weeks.
The bill did not pass unamended, all of our collective efforts placed enough pressure on our MPs that 5 very significant amendments were passed.
1. For abortions after 22 weeks and 6 days seven mandatory considerations for medical practitioners were included.
2. Care of babies born alive after termination.
3. Information about accessing counselling must be provided prior to a termination.
4. Illegal to abort for sex selection.
5. Conscientious objection clause modified
Full details of voting coming soon.